It can be challenging to know where to start if you’re looking for free online legal assistant courses. We’ve put together this list featuring some of the most popular options.
These are some cool Free Online Legal Assistant Courses for learning more about the law and its applications. This is great to save money on going to college, law school, or simply getting a better understanding of what lawyers do and why it matters to you.
Feel uneasy about tackling legal matters on your own? Free Online Legal Assistant Courses can help you tackle legal problems and make informed decisions on your own, which in turn can save you money and give you peace of mind when it comes to your legal affairs.
Taking a Free Online Legal Assistant Courses can be a great way to ease into legal work as a career. It’s never too early to begin making long-term goals, and earning in-demand certification can make you more desirable to potential employers.
A legal assistant is an employee who provides legal services to clients. Although they do not have the same responsibilities and power as the primary attorney, they can perform many tasks that a lawyer would otherwise do.
A legal assistant often performs administrative tasks such as filing paperwork, answering phones, scheduling appointments and making travel arrangements for attorneys and clients. Legal assistants also prepare court documents and correspondence regarding legal matters. They may also research cases or topics in which they are working on behalf of their employer’s clients.
Top Free Online Legal Assistant Courses
There are several free online courses for legal assistants; you can find the one that best suits your needs and start soon.
One of the reasons people consider taking an online course is because they need to work while they learn. This means finding a system with flexible scheduling options is essential to keep your job while you’re studying.
Free online legal assistant courses can be taken anytime and from any place as long as there is Internet access on your computer or device, so whether you’re at home or in class, this program will work for you!
Here are the top free online legal assistant courses:
1. University of Washington
The University of Washington has a paralegal certificate program that students can take online. The school requires students to have a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience working as paralegals. Students must also pass an exam on legal terminology, litigation procedures and ethics before enrolling in the program.
After completing their courses, graduates will be eligible to apply for the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) certification exam or work toward earning an advanced degree from one of several university-approved programs such as law school or a master’s in business administration (MBA).
2. Association of Legal Technicians
The Association of Legal Technicians (ALT) is a non-profit organization that has been around since 1929. It is a member of the American Bar Association and offers free online courses on legal terminology and practice management. ALTs can also get certified by taking an exam after completing their education.
The program is open to students from all over the world, though it may require some travel if you live outside the United States or Canada.
3. Legal Assistant and Paralegal Training Program
This course is offered by eHow and is designed to help students prepare for the national certifications and state exams. It covers topics such as court procedures, document preparation and legal research.
4. Legal Assistant Certification Training
This course provides information on the different types of legal assistants, how they can help lawyers with their cases, and how to become one yourself.
5. Legal Assistant Certification Program
This program is offered by TransforMEDIA and includes sample questions from the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) exam as well as other information about becoming a legal assistant.
6. Legal Assistant Certificate Program (LAC) at Penn Foster Career School.
The Legal Assistant Certificate Program is a fully online program that provides students with the skills they need to become successful legal assistants. It includes three modules, each with one or more units.
7. LSAT Preparation Course.
This course is offered by Kaplan and is designed to help you prepare for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT). The course consists of a number of lessons that cover all aspects of the LSAT, including content review and practice questions.
free legal assistant courses
When you are considering a career as a legal assistant, you may want to consider taking free legal assistant courses. These courses can help you start your new job and provide valuable information about the field.
The National Association for Legal Professionals (NALS) offers the Free Legal Assistant Course. This course will teach you all about the role of a legal assistant and what it takes to become one. You will learn all about the skills needed to become a successful legal assistant and set up your own business as an independent contractor.
This course is also great for anyone looking to advance their current career in law or simply wanting to learn more about law practice. It covers topics such as:
Legal terminology – This section teaches you all about the terms used in law to understand better what it means when someone refers to something such as “jurisdiction” or “lien.”
Law office management: This section focuses on managing an office, including what tasks need to be done daily and how much work each employee should be given.
Working with clients – This section teaches how to interact with clients so that they feel comfortable working with you and know that they can trust you with sensitive information about
A free online legal assistant course is a great way to get a taste of what it’s like to be a lawyer. If you’re interested in pursuing a career as a paralegal or legal assistant, this can be an excellent way to learn more about the profession and decide if it’s right for you.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn about the legal system and how it works. You’ll also learn essential skills to help you perform tasks such as searching databases and conducting research. This course is designed primarily for non-lawyers who want to work in law firms or other companies that deal with legal issues daily.
Some courses may cover topics like:
- How to draft documents such as wills and contracts
- How to understand legal terminology and case law
- How to conduct research using online resources
- Can a legal assistant become a paralegal?
The answer to this question is yes, a legal assistant can become a paralegal. However, the path is not clear and straightforward. In some states, there are no requirements for becoming a paralegal; however, some states have strict regulations.
Legal assistants and paralegals perform many of the same tasks; however, they do not have the same education or experience required to become paralegals. A legal assistant has an associate’s degree in legal studies or business administration with a concentration in law office management; however, this type of education does not qualify them for work as a paralegal.
A legal assistant may also help attorney research by locating relevant statutes and case law precedents or finding information from public records such as property records or criminal background checks.
Paralegals have more advanced training than legal assistants and often hold bachelor’s degrees in paralegal studies or criminal justice. Paralegals perform many of the same duties as attorneys, such as conducting research, drafting contracts and reviewing documents; however, they do not represent clients in court proceedings, nor are they allowed to give
Best online legal secretary courses
The best online legal secretary courses are the ones that you can use to build your career as a legal secretary. The profession offers many options for advancement, and you can find your footing in the field with an online legal secretary certificate from a reputable school.
What is a Legal Secretary?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, legal secretaries ensure that all aspects of litigation, from discovery to trial, go smoothly and efficiently. They provide their attorneys with everything they need to represent their clients in court, including information about deadlines, court appearances, and documents like motions and briefs. A legal secretary also schedules meetings, interviews witnesses, prepares correspondence, and creates memos. In short, they take care of all the paperwork involved in litigation so their attorneys can focus on what matters most: winning cases.
What Are Some Common Courses?
The best online legal secretary courses cover topics like:
- Legal terminology: This course teaches students standard terms used by lawyers and judges in court proceedings so they can communicate clearly with their employers and clients. Students will also learn how to interpret statutes and rules of procedure within various jurisdictions or regions of the country (or even globally).
- Steno skills: Students will learn how to take notes during meetings
- Legal Secretary Certificate Program: Ivy Tech Community College offers this program. It takes students through the basics of being a legal secretary, including the use of computer software and databases and communication techniques. Students who complete this course will graduate with an AAS degree in Legal Secretarial Science.
- Legal Secretary Degree Program: Ivy Tech Community College offers this program that prepares students for careers as legal secretaries in private law firms and government agencies. It includes instruction on computer systems used by lawyers and administrative duties such as billing clients and managing files. Students who complete this program will earn an AS degree in Legal Secretarial Science. This program can be completed in less than two years if taken full-time.
- Executive Legal Secretary Certificate Program: This program is offered by Kaplan University and takes students through advanced skills needed to become executive secretaries or administrative assistants at law offices.
how to become a certified legal assistant
Becoming a Certified Legal Assistant (CLA) is a great way to increase your marketability in the legal field. You’ll be able to demonstrate your proficiency in the legal industry, which can help you find a job or establish yourself as an expert in your field.
There are three steps to becoming a CLA:
- Take a comprehensive exam. The National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) administers this exam in two parts: an essay and a multiple-choice exam. The essay portion tests your knowledge of the law and your ability to analyze information, while the multiple-choice tests your understanding of legal terminology, procedure and ethics. The essay portion accounts for 70 per cent of the total score on the test, while the multiple choice accounts for 30 per cent.
- Passing scores vary from state to state but are typically between 70 and 85 per cent. To prepare for these exams, it’s recommended that you take online practice tests or review study guides provided by NALA or other organizations that offer similar certification programs.
- Complete continuing education requirements (CE). After passing your initial certification exam, you must complete 20 hours of continuing education every two years to maintain your certification status.
To become a certified legal assistant, you’ll need to earn your bachelor’s degree and pass a series of exams.
While becoming a legal assistant without earning a bachelor’s degree is possible, many employers prefer candidates with an associate or bachelor’s degree in business administration, the management or another field. In many states and jurisdictions, you may also need to complete additional coursework or training.
The National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) recommends that aspiring legal assistants earn at least 60 credits in college-level classes before taking its Certified Legal Assistant (CLA) exam. This includes courses in:
- Legal terminology and procedures
- Elements of civil procedure
- Property law
- Torts law
Best free online law courses with certificates
Free online law courses are a great way to learn about the law and earn credits towards a degree. The best part is that there are so many different types of online law programs available for you to choose from. You can even find free online classes to help you prepare for the bar exam!
Here are some of the top options for free online law courses:
1) Harvard University: Online Open Learning Initiative
2) Stanford University: iTunes U
3) Yale Law School: Open Yale Courses
1. Introduction to Law School by Harvard University
2. Introduction to Law Studies by University of Chicago
3. Introduction to Legal Research by Harvard University
4. Introduction to Criminal Justice by Boston University
5. Introduction to International Human Rights Law by Columbia University
6. Principles of Constitutional Law I & II by University of Michigan
How to become a freelance legal assistant
Becoming a freelance legal assistant is not as difficult as it may seem. It does require a lot of hard work but also provides many opportunities. Many people who start as freelancers can eventually become full-time employees at law firms.
If you want to become a freelance legal assistant, here are some tips:
1. Get experience in the field.
Before you can even think about becoming an independent contractor, you need some experience working in the legal field. You can gain this by volunteering with local law firms or helping family members with their legal cases. You can also take online courses and read textbooks on the subject.
2. Get Licensed
To legally provide your services as an independent contractor, you must have the proper credentials for your state and city. Each state has requirements for becoming licensed as a paralegal or legal secretary; however, most states require that candidates attend an accredited school and pass an examination before the state board of education can license them. Once approved, you’ll be able to work anywhere within that state’s jurisdiction without additional training or certification requirements.
There are many different types of legal assistants, but if you want to become a freelance legal assistant, you need to have some experience in the field.
A freelance legal assistant works for a law firm on a contractual basis. This means they are not an employee of the firm but instead works as an independent contractor.
There are many benefits to becoming a freelance legal assistant, including:
- You can set your schedule. As long as you meet deadlines and complete projects on time, you can select your hours and work from home or anywhere convenient. Some freelancers choose to live abroad so they can take advantage of lower taxes and other costs of living in those areas.
- You don’t have to worry about commuting time or expenses (like parking fees). This allows you to save money and spend more time with family members on weekends or vacation days.
- You won’t have to pay into Social Security or Medicare — and your employer won’t have to pay them either!
Can you be a legal assistant without a degree?
Yes, you can become a legal assistant without a degree. Most states require that you pass the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) national certification exam. You can also earn state-specific certifications.
Many people who choose this career path do not have a college degree. However, if you apply for a job in the court system or any other government agency, they typically require that you have some education beyond high school.
The best way to get started in this profession is to attend a two-year community college program that offers courses in legal assistant studies. Your hours will vary from school to school but generally fall between 15 and 20 credit hours per semester. The classes will cover topics such as law office management and research methods for paralegals and legal assistants.
Many community colleges offer certificates or associate degrees in legal assistant studies. In addition, some schools offer bachelor’s degrees in criminal justice with an emphasis on the criminal justice system. Graduates from these programs are qualified for entry-level positions as legal assistants at law firms, corporate offices and government agencies.
Can You Become a Paralegal Online?
The answer is yes; you can become a paralegal online.
You’re on your way to becoming a paralegal, but you’re unsure if completing the program online is possible. You’ve come to the right place. Below are some of the most important things you need to know about going through a paralegal training program online:
The most important thing you need to know about going through a paralegal training program online is that it’s not just for people who already have their high school diploma or GED. It’s also for adults who need to get their high school diploma or GED to enrol in an online paralegal training program. Many colleges and universities offer both programs so students can get their credentials and enter the workforce faster than ever.
Another thing you should know about going through an Free Online Legal Assistant Courses is that many classes are available depending on what kind of job you want within the legal field after graduating from college or university. Some types include business law, criminal law and personal injury law, while others focus specifically on real estate law or corporate law, among other topics related to practising law as
These Free Online Legal Assistant Courses is by no means exhaustive, and there are many more free online courses out there. The key is to find a method that fits your learning style and interests. In addition, be sure that you have ample time available to complete the coursework since most of these programs require weekly readings and writing assignments—all of which can take up quite a bit of time if not planned accordingly!
Though we have reviewed several Free Online Legal Assistant Courses in this article, it is still important to identify the criteria you consider important. Take some time to think about how much financial value you are looking for and what features are essential for you. Answers to these questions will help ensure that you choose the perfect program that meets your needs.